Thursday, November 6, 2008

long overdue updates

Updates 1st,pics wil be loaded as soon as I download them :)
20/10/08 Monday
Was planning to get my Oakleys for such a long time and finally decided and made up my mind that I am getting them today. Wendt to Queensway Shopping centre with hubby and Max for dinner and shades shopping. After checking out several shops and trying few pairs in other brands as well, we decided on our Oakleys at last. So at last, hubby and me each got our pair of Oakleys. Not v ex too, $500 for both :)

21/10/08 Tuesday
Cousins day outing! Well supposed to be cousins day but end up 5 of us only. Nevertheless, we went to have steamboat on a cold night at AMK central. Yumyum. Variety wasn't a lot but the price was quite cheap. $12.90 nett. Oh, and there's only 3 soup base to choose from-chicken, tom yum and porridge.

24/10/08 Friday
Going to Bali today for company trip from 24-27th Nov. My flight is at 7.20pm so I have to check-in at 5.20pm. My boss is very "atas", will only take SIA, so we get to enjoy as well. But the amenities onboard wasn't so good. The inflight entertainment kept having problems and my show kept stopping and I can't even play games. Zzzz. Touched down in Bali at around 9.20pm and after gathering, went straight to our humble stay for the rest of the trip-Conrad Hotel.

25/10/08 Saturday
Today's 1st program is river rafting. After a full breakfast, we took a 2-hr ride to our rafting destination. 9 Suzuki SUVs were waiting for us at the hotel's entrance to take us there. After the briefing and collection of life jackets and paddles,off we go to start rafting! But in order to reach our rafts, we have to take a 15mins walk down a never-ending flight of uneven, stone steps. Whew! By the time we reach our rafts at the bottom, most of us are experiencing muscle aches and shivery, jelly-legs even before we start rafting. I did not buy a water-proof camera and so fail to capture all the scenes. A pity if u ask me. It was of cos my 1st time rafting and due to my in experience, I earned myself a big bruise on my knee. The water was cold, i'm not used to cold waters. But other then the cold water, the bruise, the bumpy ride, it was a wonderful experience. Oh, I need to mention that I had muscle ache in my legs for the days to come. I can't walk down steps and getting on and off the coach was a gigantic task for me. I literally had to pull myself up and drag myself down the steps.

Dinner was at this fine dining restaurant by the sea. We had alfresco dining which I think was a bad idea as it might rain any moment. By company's "policy", every newbie who enters the company will not escape from their drinking party. So we had a "newbie" table specially catered for us and they ordered ALL the wine and liquor at the restaurant. And I mean ALL. There was red and white wine, vodka, chivas, whiskey etc. You can't escape at all. If you don't drink up then you can't sit down. Their eyes will follow your glass till it's empty. So in order to escape from being drunk, you have to drink smart :) I had vodka and once they walked away to fill other glasses, I poured water into my vodka to dilute it. Ok, vodka + water taste horrible but no choice. I have only water on the table at that time. Next up, wine for all. This time you have to really drain your glass as boss was there to make you finish before you sit down. Wine has to be savoured slowly and not at one shot, it taste horrible that way. So a few gulps of wine, a mouthful of water, few gulps of wine, plain water, until I feel that wine is really so yucky. But after like so many gulps, I still have 1/2 glass left! What to do?? Luckily boss got called to another table and we escaped in the nick of time. Whew! But it's not the end, chivas next. As usual I dilute my chivas with water, at least it does not taste as bad as vodka with water. Mind you that you have to do it fast and discreetly. Anyone who sees you diluting your drink, you are made to drink double shot. Keke! 3 colleagues puked after that. Yucky! Oh, and it really did rain, right after we finished eating and we all had to run back to the coaches. All soaking wet.

26/10/08
Can't rem much from this day. Except that our "Volcano tour" was a complete disappointment. Had a vvv rushed lunch, at the most 1/2 hour, thanks to our head organiser. Had our D&D today as well, in the hotel's ballroom. The company is really crazy about drinking!! They have Q&A and those who answer right gets a prize and wrong, you have to drink up again. Duhhh... I won a 32 inch LCD TV from Samsung in the lucky draw :))) Thank you boss!!

27/10/08
Flight back to Singapore at 2005. Did some last min shopping for those who want and free & easy for those who do not want to follow and meet up at the airport.

01/11/08
Langkawi trip! This time it's hubby's company trip and it's so different from mine. Too lazy to update so many things. Just want to say that it was a relaxing trip and the weather is terribly hot.

07/11/08

Hubby's birthday dinner at HK Cafe at ECP. I decorated the car when he was in the washroom. :)
08/11/08
Hubby's birthday! Woke up early as the plan was to go to K-lunch. Well as usual, there was a change of plans and we headed to Amoy Street for breakfast instead. Proceeded to Cineleisure to take neo-prints! Ok, we're a bit old for that but who says there's an age limit to it :p

No comments: