Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Nika's 1st groom + cafe

Wake up Rocco
Come on, let's take a picture

Poor Mr Yorkie


I'm such a good little girl

18/01/09 Sunday
As I've promised, today is Nika's day out! After looking online for a dog cafe, I finally decided on US Dog Bakery located around Turf city. They are the !st and only bakery to be approved by AVA :) Met up with Vivie and her bf as well. The place is called k9-Kmpus and they have a bakery, cafe, groomer, doggie spa, doggie class and hotel, pool and playground for both kids and our fur babies. What more can we ask for? A perfect place to chill with our darlings :D Anyway, back to topic. It's our 1st time there and went to have a look at the food for Nika. The available variety wasn't a lot and according to the owner, they have different types of cookies but you have to make advance order, at least 1 day so they can prepare for you. And they are real friendly too. I ordered chicken quiche for Nika and we proceeded to the cafe for our own meal. There was this couple with their dog as well, Sasha. Well I was carrying Nika and you know her, real excited and wanted to play with Sasha. Keep whining and barking to be allowed to get down. No choice but to let her run free. Think that they are quite happy to be playing together. Well the food was good, service was friendly and resonable pricing as well. Ok, I'm a bit lazy to blog, Nika shall take over from here.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oh boy I'm so excited! Mummy brought me out today to this cafe that sells OUR food. She ordered this eggy pie with chicken for me. Oh and also bought me cookies! You know she really can't resist buying my stuff cos I'm just sooooo cute and lovable, I'm just Mummy's and Daddy's angel!

WH and Oolong-Cha:You're right!
When we reach the place with human food to eat, there was this dog there. Oooo I wanted to play with her but mummy just would not let me get off her arms. So I struggled, and twist and turned and whined and barked until she had no choice but to let me run free :D
Me and Sasha chased each other and nipped a bit here and there. Mummy was so scared, we're just playing, don't worry. By the way, the eggy pie was warm and such a change from my usual canned food and kibbles. Did I mentioned my cookies? There are 5 different flavors: lychee, pineapple, mango, peanut and strawberry. We went to this pool that is for us, furbabies. But I'm not allowed to swim yet. Overheard Mummy saying to bring me to this beach place once I'm fully vaccined. Oh boy! Can't wait! Then there's this playground for us as well. I was made to walk on this plank that goes up and then goes back down. Why would I want to go up and down again when I can just walk stright to my destination? Humans. Tsk tsk. So I refused to walk and Mummy have no choice but to carry me again. Ahhh what a good life I have. After that we went back to the cafe and I saw this HUGE dog!! Black labrador with shiny fur. He really has a good life, absorb all vitamins until he got such a shiny coat. As you can guess, I was not allowed to go over to that HUGE dog. But don't know what happened, 1 min I was on the chair, the next I'm on the floor. I'm not going to give up this chance of checking out my new friend. His tail is as big as me!! Wow! Before we left, I was forced to take a picture with him. HMPH! I was curious but afraid as well but Rocco (labrador) just ignored me totally. Hmph! I'm not sweet enough for him?? Bleah! Thank you all my friends for making my 1st cafe visit not my last! Thank you Sasha, Sam and Rocco. Hope to see you again.
Next up we went to the groomer's. Keep hearing that my nails are too long, need to trim. It's my 1st time too! He tied me to this table while Mummu and Daddy stood outside to wait for me. I was enjoying looking around when he suddenly stuffed this thing into my ear. I gave out his ear splitting YELP! I totally hate to clean my ears. But I don't think that Daddy cared about me. I was on this table being tortured by this man and Daddy was busy taking video of this maltese in the corner doing a "Gong Xi Gong Xi" action. I'm not happy with you Daddy.
Daddy: oops!
anyway the whole groom session was not that bad except for the ear cleaning part, showering part when he stuck his finger up my arse, the noisy blow dryer which scare the hell out of me. I still considered myself lucky compared to poor Mr Yorkie. He had his fur shaved bald and was left standing there, shivering. Poor Mr Yorkie. I came out feeling clean and had soft, shiny fur :D

Posted by the sweet little girl-Nika

No comments: