Saturday, January 17, 2009

Quest for the new member

16/01/09
I went for my 1st car wash today and boy, was I scared stiff. I remember lying in mummy's arms when suddenly there's this loud splash on the car! I was about to jump off the car seat when mummy hugged me tighter and cuddled me more, all the while talking to me and assuring that everything is ok. Next there was this bubbles flowing down the car and SPLASH! I'm not going to stay in mummy's arms for another minute! I jumped off her arms and hid in a corner, all the while trembling despite her cuddling, patting and reassuring voice. I was so glad that it's over. Now that I've experienced my 1st car wash, I don't think I will be in a hurry to go to my next.

Posted by the sweet girl-Nika

Ok, it’s been more than a month and now then I’ve start to talk about Her. Who on earth is this She? Hmm She’s vain, loves attention, greedy, pampered, hairy, mischievous, crafty blah blah… But above all, I LOVE HER LOTS!! Hehe! Presenting Nika-my mini dachshund :D From Australia, loves chewing, loves treats, loves belly rubs, loves to tease you.

It’s been long, long times since I’ve want a dog. But you do know that this is not toy, it’s a life time commitment. So before everything, I need to prepare myself mentally. What did I do? I got a book on dachshunds! Read it through and make sure that I fully understand their character and I DO WANT a dachshund instead of other breeds. But why the Weiner dog? Because

#1) They are not as common as shih tzus, maltese, schnauzers, Chihuahuas, JRT. No offense here to anyone.
#2) Their short legs, long body, doe eyes just make you go awww.
#3) They have 3 types of coat to choose from.
#4) The best reason above all: it’s MY dog and I like dachshund. Period.

Ok, after reading up and mentally preparing myself, we look around pet shops to compare and hopefully to find one that really catches my eye and can connect with me. Finally after 2 months or more, can’t remember, I found her! It was at Ericsson Pet farm and there the sweet little girl is. Quietly lying in the corner. It was on my birthday that we went down and I got myself a birthday gift J After some bargaining, we managed to bring her home at $2675. Very pricey for a puppy but you know you want her. Did i mention that there is still here food, accessories, vitamins, grooming tools, toys etc etc. Lets just make it simpler by saying that I have to give up my Chanel bag to have her :/

We did not bring her home immediately as there are preparations to make. Where to put her, tidy up the house, mentally prepare again. 1 week later, we went to fetch her home. What a sweet little girl she is. You can tell that she is just so afraid of her surroundings once out of the cage. She kept trembling and I have to pat her and talk to her to soothe her nerves.
Day 1 passed quite well with a bit of whining from her. Think day 3 onwards, the monster in her is out! Maybe I pampered her too much. There’s just too much to say about her, let’s just put it as a love-hate relationship with her.


@ pet farm. Waiting to go home.
Home we go!


1st bath

Do not disturb

She loves belly rubs

Asleep...finally

Ok, obviously there are more pictures, but I’m just too lazy to upload all. Will update again when I’m free.


No comments: