Saturday, August 30, 2008

disappointed day

I'm not the type who likes to plan what to do on my off day as my plans always get fouled up,one way or the other. They will find a way to mess themselves up. Always. Let's take yesterday for example. Hubby and I are supposed to have ramen at The Central. As it was my off day,he took a 1/2 day leave so that we can beat the dinner crowd and catch our movie later. And in the morning,he smsed me to say that he has to attend a last minute meeting which they don't know what time it will be. They just have to wait for the boss's instruction. So in the end,we decided to cancel his leave instead of waiting for nothing to happen. So the plan did not carry out as we planned. Not that it's the 1st time it has happened. Just that I can't recall the previous incidents.

Anyway,I continued with my ramen lunch with my mum. Can't remember the name of the restaurant but it was good. The soup is boiled with pork bones and it has a slight milky taste. A bit salty though. I ordered the set which comes with rice and egg as well. The Ikura with the rice was fresh and don't have the after taste at those sushi restaurant. The egg has a slight runny
yolk which was easy on the palette and not sticky. Yummy
















We ordered the pork cheek which is the signature dish. Tender but I feel that the slices were too thick and a bit salty.












Best part of the restaurant that I like is the jug of water placed at every table for customers. No more waving to service staff just to get a refill of water.





Verdict: Ramen looks like instant noodles but taste nothing like that. Springy noodles, milky tasty broth. Will go back again with hubby the next time. :)







Hokkaido ice-cream for dessert! In my favourite sea salt caramel flavour! *happy girl*





I bought tickets for our movie so since Hubby can't make it,no sense to watse the tickets. So we went to watch Wall-E!
It was a cute movie,funny with fantastic graphics. Be sure that you know the story line before you catch it or else you'll be thinking that it's a show with no story line.









How much is that doggie in the window?


Attention to hubby: Where is my GOBI???






~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aside from the outing yesterday,my colleague sent this cake to his customer for his birthday. So sweet and the cake looks ultra yummy! Droolz!



No comments: