Monday, August 25, 2008

Those were the days

Was reminiscing those yester-years when I just started clubbing. It was soooo long ago...time waits for no one :( I was not yet 15 when I started clubbing. In those days, colorful clothes were the trend. Shirt and jeans in red, yellow, cobalt blue, green, all the bright colors you can think of.
And to be "in", you have to stick a long-tail comb in your back pocket to finish the look. I don't know why, but that is the trend those days. Horrible right? Anyway, in those days, there were strict rules on the age limit for entry to discos. So there are tea dances catered specially for us underaged teens. Of cos, non-alcoholic drinks only. The hottest discos that period were Canto, Fire and Sparks. The 1st disco I stepped into was Fire. Still remember the cover was $10 for 2 soft drinks. It was small and packed with people. Bengs and lians everywhere and fights every week was a norm. A pity that I can't find any pictures of the disco before they closed down. I still prefer going to Canto in Marina South. It's bigger and more spacious. $8 for 3 drinks. The only thing is that it's quite far. From the mrt station you still have to take a bus down. Of cos if you want to arrive in style you can take a cab down. But most of us are cheapos, so we choose bus. It's free anyway. The bus arrives, you get up from the front or back and just sit down. Without paying. Ya, those were the days. Same as Fire, Canto has their fair share of fights every week. What's new? After talking so much, let you see what I found!

Drink coupon fron Canto! Memories....After that we'll normally proceed to Lucky Plaza. For what I can't remember but we just like to hang out there. After I got older, the places also upgraded to Sparks, Music Underground, Ridley's, Dbl O, Madam Wong's, Devil's Bar, Page 1, etc. All these are no longer around except for Dbl O. But those memories will always stay. Time will never turn back and we all grow up but happy and carefree days will always be a precious memory to me.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Memories...miss those days...

Shape Up said...

I​ was​ from​ the​ same​ time​ 😊

Unknown said...

Good old memories 👍