Friday, September 12, 2008

the new maid

I can't take it anymore! Mum has problems and complaints with EVERY maid that we hire. And I do mean EVERY. Today is just day 2 with the new maid-Emily and her complaints and nagging started...yesterday,on day 1.
Emily:New maid. No experience. Fillipino. Understands slight English (as stated by the agency).
Day 1: After dinner,mum complained that E does not eat most food. Does not eat stir-fried spinach and tomato sauce chicken. Claims that she dare not eat. When we speak to her,she does not seem to understand what we're telling her.

Day 2: Mum taught her how to sweep the floor using the Magiclean disposable wipes. So being new and inexperienced,she was slow especially around the corners. Was nervous as mum was eyeing her every move and of course wanted to get the floor as clean as possible. Mum COMPLAINED AGAIN that she is so slow at doing things. See until she want to faint.

Mum also told her to close the windows if it's raining. There was a slight drizzle and a small breeze which does not require closing windows at all. So it was understandable that E did not close the windows. Yeah you're right. Mum complained YET AGAIN that she did not close the windows and said that E is forgetful. Told her to close the windows if it is raining but did not remember her words. But it is just a slight drizzle,does not need the extend of closing the windows AT ALL. But for the benefit of myself,I decided to keep my mouth shut and continue with my lunch. Can't endure anymore nagging and grumbles.
And mind you,my mum is only at home till 1.30pm and she went out. Can you imagine the damage done to my ears during my off days and mum is home the hole day? Just want to relax and stay home during my days off. No nagging,no grumbles,no complaints...
Think that maybe my mum is the difficult one.
Can someone please recommend me a good maid? Someone who is alert and quick to think on her feet. *headache*
~~~~~
On a happier note,dearie is coming back tomorrow! :o)

No comments: